2D Code Factors
Direct part marking of 2D machine readable codes are a great option for part marking and traceability. The compact codes can solve many marking application issues.
|• Is traceability required after the product is separated from its temporary identification?|
• Is the part too small to be marked with a bar code label or tag?
• Will the part be subjected to environmental conditions that preclude the use of add-on identification (tag or label)?
- The use of DPM methods can be more cost efficient than individual item labels; is cost the primary consideration?
- Is identification required for at least the anticipated life cycle of the part? Will past information be needed for the future of this part?
- Is this a mission critical / safety related part?
- Does any process information need to be put onto the part?