High Pressure Bottle Marking – Next Generation
CMT Integrates Emerging Technology into Diameter-to-Diameter Roll Marking Machines
Columbia Marking Tools (CMT), announced the latest updates for their popular Diameter-to-Diameter Roll Marking Machines.
Since its establishment over thirty years ago, Columbia Marking Tools has continually upgraded these commercial metal bottle and cylinder marking machines with the latest technology. Ranging in size from 14 to 81-inches in length and from 3 to 8-1/2-inches in diameter, these heavy-duty machines can mark up to 55 characters per line in either a 1/4 or 5/16-inch character size. They also offer cycle times ranging from 7 to 20 seconds, depending on the number of characters to be marked.
The Diameter-to-Diameter Roll Marking Machines have now been modified to include:
- Servo Motors to provide faster marking times and more precise positioning. This includes the ability to mark one portion of the complete tooling holder. The servo motors can control the motion to limit the portion of the stamp holder in contact with the part. This speeds up the complete marking cycle and removes the requirement of carry dots and background marking.
- A laser alignment projection system that takes the guesswork out of the setup process. The laser light identifies exactly where the marking will be on the part.
- Concave numbering heads for serial numbering.
- Built-in 2” stroke ejection motion to facilitate unloading.
- Upgraded PLC controls that can be integrated with the production MES system for part tracking and traceability.
- Random part numbering from a tare weight scale or MES system.
- CMT has also incorporated the latest technology in light screens using an area guard. This electric fence offers a higher level of safety and helps to ensure that the operator is not injured during the movement of the marking system, while at the same time reducing mechanical guarding that obstructs loading and unloading and reduces cycle time.
The upgrades offer improved cycle time, and easier set-up, while reducing the need for the secondary marking of serial numbers or tare weights. The new design also improves safety and allows for more complex operations to be completed. “These advances are particularly apropos right now,” said Marc Steele, Marking Specialist at Columbia Marking Tools, “as there has been a huge uptick in sales of oxygen tanks where fast cycle times and extra deep marks are of the utmost importance.”
To learn more about the benefits of CMT’s Diameter to Diameter Roll Marking Machines or their other marking products, inquire here.
Founded in 1960, Columbia Marking Tools (CMT) is a manufacturer of marking products including laser marking, numbering, embossing & hot stamping machinery. Products are suitable for most metals including stainless steel, carbon-steel, aluminum, copper & brass. Dies such as embossing, custom, roll & marking are also available. Other products include stamps such as hand, concrete & sidewalk marking & steel marking. Services include machinery installation. The company is headquartered in Chesterfield, Michigan and manufacturers many different types of marking systems from hand stamps to lasers.